Monday, September 24, 2012

Playlist: Sept 24 through Oct 1

Lots on my plate at the moment, but nothing particularly pressing. While I wait for Swampy's next turn in our CM:BN campaign (SPOILERS: He just got a tank platoon reinforcement!), I'm working on a few things for publication.

I've received a copy of Mayfair's latest reprint of A House Divided. I'm excited to crack it open and see how it plays. It's much more traditional than I'm used to. I'll be writing that up at ArmchairGeneral.com soon.

Also in the mail is Zombicide. I've heard good things, but I'm still put off by the $90 price tag. Also hoping to get another zombie themed board game in for review, but I'm keeping the identity of that title under my hat for now. Both games are for a review I'm putting together in honor of the next season of The Walking Dead TV show.

On my computer I'm still working my way through Black Mesa. If you've not downloaded this game yet you're doing yourself a disservice. It's a thoughtful re-imagining of HL1 and it's incredibly well done. Look for my thoughts, hopefully, on GWJ soon.

It's been a while since I finished a book, so I picked up Fiasco at the Naperville Public Library for $1. It should prove to be a nice companion to my passion project, learning to play GMT's Labyrinth well enough to teach it. I'm 50 pages into the book and I already want to punch Paul Wolfowitz in the throat.

No comments:

Post a Comment